What is good to know for your next boat rental?
Can I rent a boat without a skipper license?
Great news! You do not have to do without a yacht charter
holiday, if you do not have a skipper license
. Many charter companies offer the possibility to hire a skipper.
The skipper is the responsible captain who manoeuvres the chartered boat. It might be also recommendable to engage a skipper for the first days on the water, if you have little experience in seamanship. In this way, you are able to deepen your skipper's knowledge and learn under the guidance of a professional captain. This will make it easier to take over the responsibility after a few days on the water. To spend a carefree vacation on a charter boat
, you should consider getting a skipper insurance
. You can insure the charter deposit amount or liability risks
for the chartered yacht and the passengers.
What is the difference between a monohull and a catamaran?
Whether a monohull sailboat
or a catamaran is the right choice for your charter holiday depends on many factors. Of course, your preferences and requirements are also important for your planned holiday on the water. The desired yacht charter can also be decisive when selecting the right yacht type. Read more about catamarans
and their caracteristics.
Should I hire a motor yacht instead of a sailboat?
You are not really into sailing and prefer to hire a motor boat
? You are on the right page! With our YachtFinder
you can charter speedboats from 5 to 30 meters length, as bareboat
or as a luxury crewed yacht. In addition, a powerboat is required if you want to go fishing. If you want to explore remote islands or bays during a single private cruise, a fast powerboat is essential. The most popular motor boat charter areas in the Mediterranean are Croatia
. In the USA, we can offer you luxury motor yachts
from Miami, Florida. The German lake areas of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and channels around Berlin
are interesting for powerboat renting
. This destination is also perfectly suited for a holiday on a houseboat
What is a day-charter?
In some boat rental destinations, like the Mediterranean Sea,
it is very popular to hire a boat for only few hours or one day. Such so called "Day-Charters
" are not always online available. You should contact us in any case, so we can find the right boat. We will quote our yacht rental partner companies to get you the best deals. You do not have the required license for steering the desired boat? Not a problem! The local providers can provide a skipper for your charter.
How can I find a good charter company?
The easiest way to find a good rental from a reliable rental company for your holidays is to check for customer reviews. Just use the search function on this web site and you will notice that there are reviewed boats in almost all sailing destinations. In case you have doubts, you can contact us via chat, phone or email. We will advise you where and with whom you can rent a boat and spend a carefree boating vacation.
Should you go for a brand-new charter yacht?
Generally speaking, charter clients prefer new yachts. This is understandable because everybody is exited to sail on a boat that appears in the a new style and has the latest gadgets on-board. Furthermore, a less used ship is likely to be in a better condition than a boat that has been rented out for years already. But you should be also aware that chartering a brand-new boat can involve some risks:
- Many yacht boat owner finance their boats. If in the last minute something goes wrong with the financing, the boat might never be delivered.
- The yacht might simply not get ready by the shipyard on time, because of production delays.
- On the transfer from the shipyard to the charter fleet port, an accident could occur that damages the boat heavily.
- The required charter license cannot be obtained until the charter season starts.
- Brand-new yachts occasionally arrive with some children diseases, which had slipped through the boat builders quality control, finally come up during the first charter weeks.
All these reasons show that chartering a boat that has one or two charter seasons successfully passed, is often a more secure choice for the charter guest.
Which are the most wanted manufacturers of charter boats?
There are more than 50 shipyards worldwide producing boats for boat rental. The German shipyard Bavaria and the French Group Beneteau produce the most monohull sailboats for the charter market. Another big sailing yacht brand is Dufour. Famous catamaran producers are Lagoon, Fountaine Pajot, Catana (Bali) and Nautitech.
TOP 10 Tips to select the "right" charter boat
- Focus on your charter crew member's needs when selecting the boat type.
- Don't hunt the cheapest price! Set a decent budget and evaluate the "best deal" within.
- "Dream Yachts" are booked out early - do not rely on your Last Minute Luck.
- If your budget is tight, check older yachts having good customer ratings.
- If you want a relaxed cruise, just consider to hire a local skipper.
- A boat is best known by its latest sailors. Read their reviews.
- Only rely on quality certifications that have their requirements clearly published.
- The more experienced you and your crew members are, the less important special equipment is.
- If you are lazy or new to sailing, take it easy and chose a roller-reef main sail.
- In case you are still having doubts, just call us under +49-89-716 774 381
We love to assist your yacht charter vacation planning
Before you leave to explore islands and the sea, just contact us for getting some good advises. Our expert has direct access for the best charter price. We can help you to understand the terms for your favourite boat rental. In any case, you can call our expert for all questions about the planned boat charter or send an inquiry by e-mail